Our experience in Moscow needs a separate blog post of its own. It was unreal. I should have know we were in for a treat when we landed and all I could see out the window was essentially an airplane graveyard. I'm talking plane after plane with engines torn out and the insides gutted. Curious. We landed and had to get off the plane (even though we were taking the same plane to Singapore) went through some weird passport control and security (where we all, Micah and Ethan included, got felt up by a Russian woman who looked like she did shot-put as a sport) and headed into the terminal. The pilot had casually mentioned that it was 88 degrees in Moscow. I would say it felt more like 100 degrees. But that *probably* had to do with the fact that there was no air conditioning in the airport and no windows were open. The scent was interesting, I don't know that deodorant is very big over there. The heat was compounded by the fact that the terminal was incredibly small. Andrew would agree when I say that it was literally wall to wall people. And it seemed as though the international and domestic terminals were linked cuz it was wall to wall Russians. We spent a half an hour sitting on the floor, crammed with various people. At one point, I looked at Andrew in the 90 something degree heat, with children crying and screaming around us (mine included) and said, 'do you think this is what hell is like?' Andrew said, 'yes, only a little hotter.' ;) I should mention that I have been to many airports in my life, both 2nd and 3rd world country airports. And still, I don't think anything compares.
Here's to the Moscow airport!! Poor Snowden, I know he's regretting his decision to go there......;)
No comments:
Post a Comment