It's difficult to find the 'right' words to describe the hole that is left with the loss of Andrew's Pop. If you knew Pop, you can understand. In life, his antics and conversations frequently cracked me up and even, at times, made my eyes bulge out of my head. Pop didn't feel the need to filter his thoughts and beliefs the way most people do and that was part of his charm. :) I will miss watching him bait his son-in-law during their 'discussions' on politics. I will desperately miss the way he flew into the room when Andrew and I came to visit him and MeMa in their Surf City home. I loved watching him with my Micah, the look on his face when he held him. I will always remember, towards the end, how mindful he became of his wife - the way he would hold her hand and put his arm around her. Most of all, I will miss watching the relationship he and Andrew had. When I was pregnant I overheard him asking Andrew if he had a preference whether it was a girl or a boy (as if Andrew couldn't say in front of me, but could confess to Pop). :) Pop always had 'work' for Andrew to do and that 'work' always involved looking things up on the internet for him. When we would leave, Pop would shake Andrew's hand and pull him in for a hug and say, 'I'm proud of ya.' I am thankful that Pop didn't feel the need to hold back what he was feeling - that we know for certain that he loved us. Andrew talked to Pop the Tuesday before he died and the last thing he said to Andrew was, 'I love you guys.' And we loved him and will miss him incredibly. There are no words to describe the hole left in our hearts.





There is certainly a hole in our hearts too, Geri. The pain inside is getting more intense each day as reality sets in. He adored his family; kids, grandkids, great grandkids. We wish you could be with us this week...we'll be thinking of you and sending all our love your way.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I wish I could repeat some of Pop's more colorful comments here - but I can't. But we'll just have to wait until we're in person to go over those sorts of memories.
We're thinking of you all, and praying. Love, Sarah for us all
ReplyDelete