Wednesday, October 27, 2010

They made a funny and other stuff.

Heard a joke on the radio today - the radio show people were talking about their trip to NYC. First off they were complaining about how long the trip was to the U.S. (I shouted that they should try it with a child and then see if they would complain about taking the trip alone). Then they were talking about how they went to Times Square - one of the guys said, 'Yeah, I was in Times Square and I couldn't find the time anywhere!' They all thought it was the funniest thing......all I could do was shake my head.

Andrew and I have found that people always ask us if we're Canadian. One woman was surprised when I told her I was American because, as she said, my 'accent' didn't sound strong enough to be an American one. ???? I was chatting with an Irish woman on the playground and she asked me if I was Canadian. I told her I was American and she said that she had offended Canadians by asking them if they were from the States so now she always asks if they're Canadian first. Please. I could say many things, but 'get over it, Canada' comes first to my mind.

On another note, I paid $23 for a bottle of contact solution and $4.95 for a solitary mango (what can I say, Micah loves them and I'm a sucker for my kid). Peaches were being sold for $19.99 a kg and a TINY box of blueberries was $7. Micah's never had a peach but I think we're going to wait until we're back in the States for him to try one. It makes the $4.95 mango look like nothing. All that to say, we love Perth but living in the most isolated city on the planet has a few drawbacks....:)

I wish I had the video camera out and ready - the other night, Micah and I were finishing up dinner. He's really good about letting us know when he's done - he motions in sign language that he's done and says, 'Go!' He decided to get a bit cheeky however and started chucking his leftovers and utensils on the floor. I said his name and gave him what I thought was, 'the look.' Apparently, 'the look' is not too scary cuz the kid started grinning and cracking up like a little devil. It is very, very hard to maintain 'the look' when your beautiful baby is belly laughing. I think we're in for some crazy teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment