Micah and I are usually at the zoo 2x per week. Micah loves seeing the South American parrots and the meerkats. He also enjoys meeting new people and joining other families as they walk around the zoo. Mostly, we go to the zoo to walk and have my little man burn some energy. We were walking around today and I was scanning the ground in front of us (for popsicle sticks, lollipop sticks, old tissues = all things he tried to pick up today). I see a bug. But, it's like a mutant bug. It's as long as my thumb and I first I think it's a scorpion cuz its body kind of looks like one. But scorpions aren't hairy and they don't have four or more distinct legs. I would have stayed and stared at it longer but Micah kept walking and I really didn't want him to see my discovery.
Fact is, Australia has a ridiculous amount of weird and poisonous animals and bugs. This website just freaked me out: http://www.avru.org/general/general_animals.html
I think that maybe I saw a centipede? But do centipedes have hair?? I swear, I'm going to have nightmares.
Glad Micah didn't see it. You might have gotten a much closer look as you were prying it from his fingers. :) So glad he is napping so well. J has been too this week...way to go, boys!
ReplyDelete